|CALL FOR PAPERS | View / Download Call for Papers PDF | Submit an Abstract online
The Western Dredging Association (WEDA) is pleased to make the First Call for Papers for the 2019 Dredging Summit & Expo. The technical sessions at our annual Dredging Summit and Expo are the premiere venue to discuss the science and practice of dredging. Interested authors and presenters are invited to submit abstracts online through WEDA’s dedicated conference website www.Dredging-Expo.com.
WAVES OF CHANGE: OCEANS OF OPPORTUNITY
The theme for this year’s conference is “Waves of Change: Oceans of Opportunity“, which will focus on dredging presentations with an emphasis on planning for new regulations, adjusting to new technologies, and developing a new competitive edge is standard business for the WEDA members. Add to that major political changes that are now impacting funding opportunities, global trade routes, and coastal protection priorities. WEDA’s Dredging Summit & Expo brings together the world leaders in the dredging industry and provides a platform for both vendors and practitioners to share their experiences while developing relationships and building upon the science of dredging. This year’s conference location in Chicago will also provide an opportunity to highlight some of the local projects and developments around the Great Lakes region.
PAPERS AND EXTENDED ABSTRACTS
WEDA gives precedence to presentations that are based on a technical paper that is peer-reviewed and published in our the proceedings. WEDA publishes the meeting’s proceedings for the membership to share and to further knowledge exchange in our industry. However, recognizing that providing a full paper is a barrier for some, we will be providing additional flexibility this year by accepting a limited number of presentations for which a full paper will not be mandatory. For these sessions, presenters may submit an extended abstract (2 pages) and their PowerPoint presentation. Both will be peer-reviewed and authors required to respond to reviewer recommendations to obtain approval for the presentation. Extended abstracts and PowerPoint presentations will have the same submission and review schedule as full papers. Final extended abstracts will be published as part of the 2019 Dredging Summit & Expo proceedings.
The Technical Papers Committee will review all abstracts and notify authors of acceptance and provide final manuscript instructions for production of the Dredging Summit & Expo ’19 proceedings. Submission and acceptance of an abstract means that one or more of the authors MUST register, pay registration fees, attend the 2019 Dredging Summit & Expo, and give the presentation in English.
WAVES OF CHANGE: OCEANS OF OPPORTUNITY TOPICS:
Abstracts presenting both practical applications as well as applied research are encouraged.
|Improving Dredge Safety
||Treatment of Dredged Sediments
|Innovative Equipment and Techniques
|Dredging Research & Education
||Surveying & Mapping
|Budgeting & Cost Estimating
||Dredging for Beach Nourishment
|New Dredging Equipment
||Environmental Dredging & Capping
|Dredging for Flood Control
||Deep Sea Mining/Dredging
|Geotechnical Aspects of Dredging
||Beneficial Reuse of Dredged Sediments
|Navigation Channel Design
||Sea Level Rise Planning and Construction
|Emerging Environmental Regulations
||Other topics will be considered
||December 31, 2018
|Notification of Acceptance / Author Instructions
||January 8, 2019
|Draft Manuscripts to be submitted
||February 8, 2019
|Reviewer Comments to Authors
||March 15, 2019
|Final Manuscripts to be submitted
||April 19, 2019
|ABSTRACT SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS | View/Print Instructions Online
- All abstracts are to be submitted online through this website.
- All users MUST first register as a “New Users” on this site to submit an abstract for the 2019 Dredging Summit & Expo website.
- The registration confirmation email to establish a password will be delivered immediately so please make sure to check your spam/junk mail folder.
- After receiving the email, click on the link to establish a password.
- Note: A random generated password will automatically populate the password field. You may use this password, but it’s recommended that you establish an easier password to remember.
- After you have established a password, you will need to log into this website. The Login button is on the navigation menu.
- Once logged into the site, you will automatically be redirected to the Abstract Dashboard where you can upload new abstracts or manage any previously uploaded files and information. The Abstract Dashboard can be accessed from the “Dashboard” menu tab on the Dredging Summit & Expo website.
- If you have any issues either registering on the site or submitting your abstract, please contact us at Info@WesternDredging.org.
WEDA’s TECHNICAL PAPERS COMMITTEE
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company
Donald Hayes, Ph. D., P.E.
Engineering Research & Development Center
Walter Dinicola, P.E.
Anchor QEA, LLC
Lori Brownell, P.E.
Taylor Engineering, Inc.
Paul Fuglevand, P.E.
Dalton, Olmsted & Fuglevand, Inc.
Shelly Anghera. Ph. D.
Latitude Environmental, Inc.